Would you like to have your child’s picture displayed on a light pole in West Hartford Center? Presented by the WHPL Children’s Department & the West Hartford Municipal Parking, together we’re sponsoring a Children’s Art Banner Contest, entitled “My Happy Place”.
Kids – be creative! Create a picture of a place that makes you happy on an 8½ by 11 paper in portrait mode and give it a title. Contest is open to children ages 3 through middle School.
• Entries accepted Monday, June 27 through Friday, July 8 by 11:59 PM,
• Submissions may be brought to any West Hartford Public Library,
• Winners will be announced on Monday, July 18,
• Winners will be displayed on light poles in West Hartford Center in August.
Instructions for Submissions: On the back of each picture, please write*
- Child’s FULL NAME
- Child’s AGE
- Artwork’s title
- Family email
- Family phone number
- Street address, including city and ZIP code
~ Winning submissions may also be promoted with the library’s newsletter, website, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts.
~ All submissions will be returned and will be available for pickup after the contest is over. Banners will also be available for pickup.
Please note: *When submissions are posted, only the child’s first name and age will appear.