Summer Reading 2021 here! The theme is “Tails & Tales”. Below is a button to download the Summer Reading Game Board as a PDF. We have lots of fun summer programs to celebrate reading all about tails and tales, too! Below is the “Summer Programs Calendar” which lists all the programs taking place in and around the library. Don’t forget to fill in your Tails & Tales Game Board throughout the summer and have fun READING!
Tails & Tales Game Board
Option 1: To enter the Book Bundle RAFFLE, hand in the Game Board (there’s a link below for the PDF) by Friday, August 27 to any West Hartford Library Children’s Department.
Option 2: Bring the Game Board to your School Library Media Specialist when you return to school. Forms returned after August 27 are not eligible for the raffle.
Option 3: Or you can fill in this online Google form: http://bit.ly/ChildrensSR2021. Happy Reading!
Summer Programs Calendar
Ready for some summer outdoor fun? We have a ton of great programs planned for you! Check out the Summer Programs Calendar HERE or download the PDF in the link below.
Video Book Reviews
Do you have a favorite book that you want your friends to read? Ready to share some of your favorite quotes from a recent great read? Consider submitting a Video Book Review to be included on the Children’s Facebook and homepage! Miss Ellen would love to share your review :))!
Here’s how to get started:
- Use this form as a guideline to get started – Download the BOOK REVIEW SUBMISSION Form HERE
- Check out last year’s videos on Facebook for some great ideas – click on these links:
- Your video file may be too big to email, but you can save it to your Google Drive or iCloud, etc. and share the link with Miss Ellen, who can be reached by email at ephillips@WestHartfordCT.gov.
- If you need any help, just call the library – Miss Ellen is at the ready! She can be reached at the Faxon Branch: 860-561-8203.
- Don’t forget to fill-in the West Hartford Libraries Photo Release Form HERE! <– this form can be emailed to Miss Ellen (ephillips@WestHartfordCT.gov) or dropped off at the Faxon Library.
Don’t know what to read next? In a book rut? Try BookMatch, West Hartford Public Library’s personalized recommendation service.
It’s easy! Simply fill out a form with the link below. You will receive an email with 3 to 5 personal reading recommendations from our librarians within 7 days. Also, check out the additional selections below for our great recommendations.
Looking for some good books to read before the summer? Check out the Nutmeg Nominee books.
We also have some great book recommendations from our Children’s Librarians in the following booklists:
- Conversations on Race, Racism and Resistance
- Books to Support Conversations on Race, Racism and Resistance
- Books to Support Sensitive Conversations
- Elections and Voting
- Notable Names in Black History
- Children’s PRIDE Booklist
- Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Booklist