Entries Accepted: August 14, 2021 – September 14, 2021 (by midnight)
Winners Announced: November 1, 2021
Winners Virtually Displayed: November 1 – January 31
Let’s get creative and “Capture West Hartford”! Shoot your favorite landscape, landmark, or person in West Hartford for a chance to win one of three cash prizes.
Submit photos (or ask questions) to email@example.com. The subject line of the email must follow this format: PHOTO – JONES, CHERYL – WINTER IN WEST HARTFORD. That is, the word PHOTO – AUTHOR’S NAME – (last name, first name) – the Actual Photo Title. Include full contact information with your submission (real name and mailing address; email; phone). Entrants will receive an e-mail notification, within a week, when their photo(s) have been received.
Photos should be accompanied by:
- Photographer’s full name
- Contact information (email and telephone number)
- Street address, City, State, Zip Code
- Title of Work
- Category (Landscape, Landmark, Person)
Rules and Details
- Photos may be full color or black and white
- One photograph can be submitted, per category, per photographer. All submissions are final – no revisions of previously submitted work will be accepted
- Submissions will be accepted from amateur and semi-professional photographers
- Photos will be judged by a panel of three local photography enthusiasts on the following criteria:
- How closely does the photograph match the theme Capture West Hartford? (30%)
- How effective is the photo’s technique, such as balance, color contrast, and image quality? (50%)
- How unique or creative is the photograph? (20%)
- For judge’s review purposes, authors’ names will be stripped from submitted scripts
- All entries must be original to the photographer, and suitable for all-ages, family-friendly viewing
- Winning photographs will be promoted with the library’s Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts, and the library’s website
- Submissions will be accepted from any age and any town
- Photos that include people’s faces will need to be accompanied by a completed Photo Release Form for each depicted person
- All photos must be received by 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, September 14, 2021 to be eligible for the contest
- Prizes include 9 cash prizes, up to three per winner (a person can win up to one prize in each category):
- Landscape: 1st Prize = $250, 2nd Prize = $175, 3rd Prize = $125
- Landmark: 1st Prize = $250, 2nd Prize = $175, 3rd Prize = $125
- People: 1st Prize = $250, 2nd Prize = $175, 3rd Prize = $125
- Prizes are provided by the West Hartford Public Library Foundation, Thomas F. Kilfoil Bequest. The library reserves the right to postpone or cancel the contest if submissions are deemed lacking in quantity or quality.
- Photographers retain rights to their photograph(s), but also, upon submission of a photo to this contest, the West Hartford Public Library is granted a non-exclusive, royalty free, irrevocable license to reproduce, distribute, display, or otherwise use, any or all submitted photos.
Awards made possible with a generous grant from the Thomas F. Kilfoil Bequest, West Hartford Library Foundation.
Shortcut to this page: http://bit.ly/capturewesthartford
Contest Contact: Maura Beaudreault, West Hartford Public Library