THE STUDY POD @ NWL
The Study Pod at Noah Webster Library offers a quiet place for individuals or small groups to study, meet, or work together with limited distractions. The Study Pod is located in the gallery on the main level of the library and it contains one table, four chairs and three power outlets. To ensure the Study Pod remains accessible and functional, WHPL sets forth the rules and procedures below.
The study pod has been funded by the American Rescue Plan Act for Libraries and the West Hartford Library Foundation, Thomas F. Kilfoil Bequest.
Make a reservation to use the Study Pod using the guidelines set forth below. Please wait until your reservation begins to enter the Study Pod and remain conscientious of the time. If you have any questions during your visit, you may refer to staff at the Reference Desk.
- Individuals may reserve the Study Pod by booking online here, visiting the reference desk, or calling 860.561.6990.
- Individuals must reserve the Study Pod before using it. Advance or walk-in reservations are acceptable.
- Reservations cannot be made more than 14 days in advance.
- The Study Pod is available in fifteen-minute intervals on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The Study Pod may not be reserved for more than two hours in a 14-day period (looking forward).
- Groups may not obtain additional reservations by having different members of the group make a reservation for the same or similar groups.
- Study rooms are available during library hours of operation. Individuals or groups must be out of the rooms 5 minutes prior to closing time.
- Unwanted reservations must be cancelled as early as possible. Three cancellations or no-shows within a calendar year will result in the forfeiture of Study Pod privileges.
- Patrons are expected to leave the Study Pod upon completion of their reservation.
Rules of Use
- Patrons must adhere to our Patron Rules of Conduct policy.
- Capacity is limited to 6 people.
- Patrons must be at least 14 years of age to reserve the Study Pod.
- Individuals under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a person at least 18 years of age.
- Responsibility for the Study Pod lies with the patron who reserves the room.
- Please close the door to avoid disturbing others. Although the Study Pod allows for talking and collaborative work, it is not 100% soundproof. Please keep conversations at a respectful volume. Use of the Study Pod for activities which require complete privacy is discouraged, including interviews, depositions and other legal activities.
- Furniture may not be brought into or removed without approval from library staff.
- Signs and decorations may not be taped or stapled to walls, doors or glass windows. Use of glue, paint, glitter, and other craft supplies is prohibited.
- Patrons who use the Study Pod are expected to leave the room clean and in its original condition.
- The Study Pod doors do not lock. Personal belongings should not be left unattended. The Library is not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen items.
- Failure to abide by the procedures and rules established here will result in suspension or termination of an individual’s Study Pod privileges.