The library is taking several measures to protect the health and safety of its staff and patrons. This is our highest priority. These measures include:
- Implementing a phased approach to library reopening by increasing services at different phases.
- Limiting the number of visitors and staff allowed in the library at a time.
- Limiting the amount of time a visitor can spend in the library per day.
- Asking all visitors to the Library to enter and exit via Blue Back Square.
- Requiring all patrons to check in and out with the greeter when entering the building.
- Requiring all patrons to wear a mask that covers their nose and mouth at all times while in the library.
- Requiring library staff to wear a mask when on the library floor.
- Requiring all visitors to the library, including staff, to fill out a Health Screening Form. To print and fill out your Health Screening Form before your visit, please click here.
- Implementing 6 feet social distancing protocols.
- Adding directional arrows throughout the building.
- Installing Plexiglass shields at different service points throughout the library.
- Increasing cleaning procedures and frequency of these by library staff and custodians.
- Reducing library hours to allow sufficient time for enhanced cleaning.
- Quarantining library materials.
- Providing hand-sanitizers at different points throughout the building.
- Removing seating and tables and repositioning public computer stations.
- Prohibiting use of the drinking fountains in compliance with state guidelines. Refilling personal water bottles is permitted.
- Wear your mask properly so that it covers your mouth and nose at all times while in the building.
- Stay home if you have any symptoms of any illness.
- Sanitize and wash your hands frequently. Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the building and our bathrooms are open for patrons to use.
- Maintain a distance of at least six feet from staff and other patrons.
- Keep your visit to the library short to allow other patrons to take advantage of library services.
- Follow the instructions of library staff and comply with our Patron Rules of Conduct
Our self-service copier is currently unavailable. However, a staff member is available to make copies for you.
Yes, our fax machine is self-service. To use the fax machine you will need a debit or credit card.
Yes, we are giving out guest passes.
Yes. You can make an appointment to use one of our computers to print something. If you don’t feel comfortable coming into the library to print something, we are able to print documents for you. This service is only available at Noah Webster and pick-up hours for print jobs are the same as curbside. To take advantage of this service, you must have a valid library card. To add money to your account click here. To schedule a print job pick-up call (860) 561-6989.
Our magazine room is currently closed. Past issues of magazines are available for patrons to check out.
Yes. Please see the Reference Staff for assistance.
No, we are only open for computer or browsing appointments at this time.
- Please return all materials using our outdoor book drops. Returned items are quarantined before being checked in and reshelved by staff.
- At this time, the indoor book drops remain closed. Please don’t bring your items inside to return them when coming for computer appointments or browsing. Staff will not accept items handled directly to them.
- Staff members are available to check out materials. Our self-checkout stations are currently closed.
Yes, but holds are no longer self-service. Please ask the Circulation Staff to retrieve your holds. All holds including Children’s are now being shelved on the Main Level.
Yes. You can pick-up your library card during the hours we are open for browsing or computer use. You must bring a photo I.D. and proof of West Hartford residency to pick- up your library card. All library cards are picked up at the Circulation Desk on the Main Level at Noah Webster.
Our self-service scanner is currently unavailable. However, a staff member can scan documents for you.
Yes. You can pay your fines using a credit/debit card using one of our self-check machines or online here. We are not taking cash or checks at this time. The fine limit has been increased.
Yes. At this time, we are validating parking for library users for 1 hour. You can validate your parking with the greeter or in the Children’s Department.
- We will continue to offer Curbside pickup, e-mail, chat, and phone services.
- We will continue to offer access to our vast digital collection.
- We will continue to offer online resources.
- We will continue to offer virtual programming for all ages.
We understand that not everyone is able to wear a mask. Please contact us so that we may share the options available to best serve you at this time.
Yes, there are four catalogs currently available. Please sanitize your hands before using the catalogs. Catalogs will be cleaned.
Yes. The bathrooms are being cleaned periodically throughout the day. Bathrooms will be closed to the public while being cleaned but there will always be at least one public restroom available for use.
No, our meeting room and program spaces are not available at this time.
Not at this time.