The library is taking several measures to protect the health and safety of its staff and patrons. This is our highest priority. These measures include:
- Implementing a phased approach to library reopening by increasing services at different phases.
- Implementing six feet social distancing protocols.
- Adding directional arrows throughout the building.
- Installing Plexiglass shields at different service points throughout the library.
- Increasing cleaning procedures and frequency of these by library staff and custodians.
- Reducing library hours to allow sufficient time for enhanced cleaning.
- Providing hand-sanitizers at different points throughout the building.
- Removing seating and tables and repositioning public computer stations.
- Prohibiting use of the drinking fountains in compliance with state guidelines. Refilling personal water bottles is permitted.
- Stay home if you have any symptoms of any illness.
- Sanitize and wash your hands frequently. Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the building and our bathrooms are open for patrons to use.
- Maintain a distance of at least six feet from staff and other patrons.
- Keep your visit to the library short to allow other patrons to take advantage of library services.
- Follow the instructions of library staff and comply with our Patron Rules of Conduct
Yes. You can pick-up your library card at the circulation desk on the main level of Noah Webster Library when it is open. Click here for hours. You must bring a photo I.D. and proof of West Hartford residency to pick- up your library card.
Yes. At this time, we are validating parking for library users for 1 hour. For more information, please click here.
- We will continue to offer Curbside pickup, e-mail, chat, and phone services.
- We will continue to offer access to our vast digital collection.
- We will continue to offer online resources.
- We will continue to offer virtual programming for all ages.
No, our meeting room and program spaces are not available at this time.