Book Group Kits, canvas bags containing multiple copies of a single title, are available for loan to individuals representing local book groups.
How the program works:
- One member of the group borrows the kit for the group with his or her library card. Book Group Book Bag kits can only be checked out from the Noah Webster Library.
- The loan period is 4 weeks and kits may be renewed once.
- That person is responsible for distributing the books to group members and for returning all books after the discussion. The bag and its entire contents must be returned to the library at the same time.
- Kits may be returned to any branch of the West Hartford Library but may not be returned in a book drop or at other local libraries.
- The individual borrowing the kit will be responsible for any fines or replacement fees for damaged copies.
- All items in the kits must be returned in the bag at the same time to avoid fines. Overdue fines are charged on the bag and on each item in the kit. The replacement cost for a Book Group Book Bag is $100.00.
- Kits may be reserved up to 1 week in advance by calling the Reference desk at the Noah Webster Library at 860.561.6990.
List of Kits