LearningExpress Library provides the following information and tools for job seekers, recent graduates, and career changers:
- Job & Career Accelerator: Explore careers, find a career match, search for jobs and internships, build resumés and cover letters, prepare for job interviews, and search for schools and scholarships.
- Career and Occupational Test Preparation: Study for professional exams in allied health, nursing, civil service, law enforcement, education, and the trades with practice tests, eBooks, and flashcards. Use the career resources to help you learn about a new career and to improve your workplace skills.
- High School Equivalency Center: Prepare for the GED, HiSET, and TASC high school equivalency exams with tutorials, practice tests, eBooks, and flashcards. (Note that Connecticut state uses the GED exam.)
- Computer Skills Center: Through video courses, learn the basics of using a computer, navigating the internet, and using popular software programs from Microsoft and Adobe. Includes email, word processing, spreadsheet, database, design, and graphics programs.
- Recursos Para Hispanohablantes: Herramientas de aprendizaje, carrera, y ciudadanía en español. Este centro ofrece a los adultos que están muy ocupados los recursos para mejorar sus habilidades básicas, ganar sus credenciales de GED, o ser ciudadano estadounidense.
- Workplace Success Skills: Develop soft skills (such as teamwork, professionalism, and communication) and reading, math, media literacy, and personal finance skills, with tutorials, eBooks, and articles.
Online Databases you can use to get information on potential employers
Links to Local Resources
Capital Work Force Partners regional workforce development board that offers training programs and career advancement opportunities
CT Department of Labor Renter’s Rights
Cobra Program Health coverage after job loss