Welcoming all, the West Hartford Public Library brings people, information and ideas together to enrich lives and strengthen our diverse community.
All people in West Hartford will have the opportunity to use the Public Library to empower themselves to reach their potential, to pursue life-long learning, and to access ideas and information freely in order to enrich the cultural, social and economic vitality of our town.
West Hartford Public Library values its staff and their ability to:
- Inspire patrons to discover and pursue their talents by providing the tools and the environment for creative collaboration.
- Provide professional, friendly service to each patron, every time they use library resources.
- Strengthen our diverse community by promoting literacy and lifelong learning.
- Be a welcoming center for free and equal access to information; a place where knowledge and community connections are built.
- Explore and embrace new information technologies and assist patrons in learning the skills needed to use them.
The Library operates efficiently and effectively on behalf of the Town of West Hartford.
|Administration||Library Board||Library Foundation|
|Hours of Services||Contact Us||WHPL History|
All About WHPL
|Mailing Address||West Hartford Public Library |
20 South Main Street
West Hartford, CT 06107-2406
|Office Hours||Monday—Friday, 8:30AM—4:30PM|
Important Phone Numbers
|Director’s Office: Carol Waxman||860-561-6970|
|Office Operations Specialist: Janet Valencis||860-561-6978|
|Faxon & Bishops Corner Branch Manager: Karen Polmatier||860-561-8214|
|Memorials & Gifts: Edie Parizo||860-561-6973|
|Adult Services Librarian: Andrew Piro||860-561-6993|
|Circulation Services: Ann Marie Salerno||860-561-6960|
|Children’s Services: Carol Waxman||860-561-6980|
|Teen Services: Kari Karp||860-561-6996|