West Hartford, CT 06107
Coming from the East or West:
- On I-84, take Exit 43, Park Road. At end of ramp turn left onto Park Road.
- Take a right at the first traffic light (it comes quickly). This is Raymond Road.
- Continue along for about 1/4 mile. You will eventually pass a Police Station on your left, then a little further along you will see Whole Foods Market on your right.
- There is a stop light at the Whole Foods entrance--take a left at this light onto Isham Road.
- The Isham Parking Garage is on the left. The garage has elevators and escalators to take you from level to level. Level 2 is street level.
- The town of West Hartford will validate parking for one hour for library customers only who use the Isham garage - skip the kiosk in the Isham Garage and come directly to the library. You will need to know your license plate number. Library validation is only good for the Isham Garage, not for the Memorial Garage or for street parking meters.
- The Noah Webster Library is at street level about 100 steps from the parking garage just along Isham Road--the entrance to the library is across from the Cheesecake Factory and near both Barnes & Noble. Parking can be validated (free parking) for one hour. Note: There is also metered street parking in front of the library at 20 S. Main Street.
Coming from the North or South:
- Take I-91 to I-84 West.
- Then, follow directions above for "Coming from the East or West.
There are bicycle racks in front of the Noah Webster Library at 20 South Main St. Other bike racks are available at the New Street entrance of the Isham Garage, in front of Town Hall (50 S. Main St.), at 70 Memorial Road, at the Brace Road parking lot, and adjacent to the entrance of the Arapahoe parking lot.
Free parking in the Isham Garage is available to you at the Noah Webster Library during your library visit. To validate your parking, bypass the pay kiosks in the garage and come directly into the library. There you will enter your license plate number into one of our parking kiosks to receive one hour of free parking. If you need additional time, please visit the Information Desk.
No parking validation is required at the Faxon Library and Bishops Corner Library.
West Hartford, CT 06110
Coming from the North or South:
- Take I-91 to I-84 West and follow directions below for “Coming from the East.”
Coming from the East:
- Take I-84 West to Exit 42—Trout Brook Drive (left-hand exit).
- Turn right at the stop-sign at the end of the ramp onto Trout Brook Drive.
- Turn right at the next light onto South Quaker Lane.
- Turn left at the next light onto New Britain Avenue.
- Go 2 blocks (moving into right lane) and turn right onto Woodlawn Street (immediately after the Sherwin-Williams store and just before Puritan Furniture). The Library parking lot is on the left.
Coming from the West:
- Take I-84 East to Exit 41—South Main Street.
- Turn right off the exit onto South Main Street.
- At the 2nd traffic signal, turn left onto New Britain Avenue.
- Go about 1.5 miles. There will be a CVS on your right.
- Go 2 more blocks and turn right onto Woodlawn Street (immediately after the Sherwin-Williams Store and just before Puritan Furniture). The Library parking lot is on the left.
West Hartford, CT 06117
- Follow the directions to the Main Library but stay on South Main Street.
- Cross Farmington Avenue (South Main becomes North Main).
- Follow North Main for 1.8 miles to intersection with Albany Avenue (Rt. 44).
- Note: There are three gas stations at this intersection.
- Go straight through intersection.
- At first traffic light after intersection turn right onto Starkel Road.
- Library is second building on the right and is connected to the West Hartford Senior Center. There is a parking lot behind the library.