Get your documents notarized free of charge
at the Noah Webster Library!
- Notary services are available Monday-Friday, BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Unfortunately, same-day appointments are not possible.
- Complete the REQUEST FORM to request an appointment, and a Notary will get back to you within one to two business days to schedule the appointment. (If you need helping filling out the online form, then call the reference desk at 860-561-6990.)
- Be sure to submit the request form well in advance of any deadline that you may have, so that there is enough time to schedule your appointment.
What do you need to bring?
Bring TWO (2) forms of current identification with a signature. The signature in each ID must match.
- The primary ID must be issued by a state or federal government, and it must include a photograph and signature.
Examples: current driver’s license, non-driver photo ID, passport
- The secondary ID must include a signature.
Examples: current SIGNED credit card, debit card, fishing permit, or pilot’s license
NOTE: Social security cards and birth certificates are NOT acceptable IDs.
- All signers must be present.
- Be sure each document is complete and ready for signature, but do NOT sign the document ahead of time. The signer MUST sign the document IN FRONT OF THE NOTARY.
- The document must be in English, and the Notary must be able to communicate with the signer in English.
- Notaries can refuse service at their discretion.
The library is NOT able to notarize the following:
- wills or living wills
- I-9 (USCIS employee verification) forms
- prenuptial agreements
- vital records
- tax returns
- military records
- judicial decrees
- real estate documents