Note: Hours are subject to change
A Note on Services and Face Masks:
Since reopening in September, West Hartford Public Library has offered continuous public access to its buildings. As the vaccine rollout and local case rate continue to decline, we continue to increase our hours while maintaining some restrictions designed to keep the public and staff safe. At this time, appointments are no longer required to visit the library or use a computer. Both Faxon and Bishops Corner libraries are increasing their hours at this time. Please see branch hours above for further details.
While we are aware of the updates made by the CDC regarding face masks, we will continue to require that all patrons wear them during their library visits. Given the number of unvaccinated children visiting the library buildings, we are utilizing the guidelines set forth by the CT Library Association and the West Hartford Public Schools. Face masks and cloth coverings have proven to be an effective way of stopping the spread of COVID-19 and are required for all students and staff. Your safety remains our top priority. We will revisit policies as the situation changes. Thank you for understanding.
|Independence Day||Monday, July 5|
|Labor Day||Monday, September 6|
During the hours listed above, WHPL reference librarians are available to answer your questions. You can also email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) or chat with us HERE Monday through Friday, from 10am to 5pm.
Noah Webster: 860-561-6990 or 860-561-6991
Bishops Corner: 860-561-8212
To place a hold on library materials to pick up at one of our locations, patrons may call to place a hold or place one through the Library’s online catalog. All holds will be filled as the item becomes available and in the order in which they are placed. There is no “same-day” service.
Noah Webster: 860-561-6990
Bishops Corner: 860-561-8212
Noah Webster: 860-561-6960
Bishops Corner: 860-561-8211
- All appointments for pick up must be made at the library location where you will be picking up your items during the hours that the location is staffed.
- All items need to be returned in the library book drops, not handed to staff.
- When your hold is ready you will receive an email from the library asking you to call to arrange an appointment for pickup. If you do not have an email address, you will receive a notification by mail.
- You will be given a 15 minute time slot to come and pick up your material.
- Park in a designated spot marked with an orange cone near the S. Main St. entrance at NWL or near the main entrances at each branch.
- Your items, labeled with your name, will be waiting for you on a table near the entrance.
- Individuals with a handicapped parking permit may park in designated spaces and call the location specific phone numbers listed above for staff assistance.