Borrow the internet! Use one of our palm-sized, wireless hotspots to access the internet wherever you are.
All three branches of the West Hartford Public Library now have mobile hotspots available for lending. A WiFi hotspot is a device you can use to connect a mobile-enabled device, such as a laptop, smartphone, or tablet, to the Internet. The hotspot is portable, so you can connect your device almost wherever you are, such as at home, on the bus, as long as there is T-Mobile cell service.
The hotspot can be used with up to 10 mobile devices at once, although the fewer number of devices connected, the faster the Internet service will be.
Internet service for the hotspot is provided by the T-Mobile network. View the T-Mobile network service map for coverage. (Coverage is unavailable outside the continental United States.).
To make an appointment, please call 860-561-6990, Monday – Friday between 9am and 5pm.
When you check out a hotspot from the library, you will be asked to sign the Hotspot Lending Agreement.
- 7-day loan
- 0 renewals
- 0 holds
- $10/day overdue fine
- $200 max overdue fine
- Limit to one per household
- A West Hartford Public Library card and government-issued photo identification must be presented to staff. Once a hotspot is checked out, it becomes the responsibility of the borrower until it is returned and checked by library staff. Borrowers are responsible for damage, loss, or theft and are not permitted to make changes to the device.
- Hotspots must be returned to the library branch from which it was borrowed and patrons are responsible for scheduling a time to return it. Hotspots may not be returned in library book drops and doing so will result in a $10 fine applied to the borrower’s library card.
- A returned hotspot must remain available in the library for 48 hours before the borrower or anyone in the same household is allowed to check it out again.
- An overdue charge of $10 per day up to the full replacement cost of $200 will be charged for a hotspot that is not returned. If the device is overdue by more than 3 days, wireless service will be discontinued until the device is returned.